I regret nothing
Mirre's personal artblog
A 24 year old human who likes to draw stuff, especially comics. This is my personal artblog where I will post doodles, WIPs and finished artwork and also text posts with ignorant opinions. I'm doing my best. Enjoy your stay!
I’ve seen a lot of posts about webshops selling prints and t-shirts of art without permission. And there’s some stuff I’d like to inform you about this stuff:
The accurate term is copyright violation; meaning they’re distributing and making profit of your art without written consent.
Crash course about copyright in art:
- Everyone have instant copyright on their own artwork. You do not need to pay for it.
- Trademark is not the same as Copyright. Trademarking is what you might need to pay a license for. You can have trademark on companies, character designs, titles, logos etc.
- A trademarked character needs written permission from the owners in order to be distributed legally - even if it’s your own artwork. And this is why you’re not allowed to submit your fanart as prints on sites like DeviantArt.
- Distributing traced drawings with recolors/mimicking the exact same content and concept etc is often called plagiarism.
- Not all countries share the same Copyright laws. This is why it is so common to find bootlegs of famous products in some places in Asia; because they have different laws about Copyright.
A few ways to avoid having your art used without permission:
Never EVER upload high-res of your artwork online; no one wants to sell t-shirt prints with a blurry/pixly image.
Add a watermark on your art.
"Art thieves" often go for fanart, since it’s easier to find via google search etc. All fanart contains trademarked content, and companies like Walt Disney, Warners, Nintendo etc are actively searching out ppl who use their licensed characters for profit without permission.
Also if you’re going to contact the web shop, don’t use rude language. Act academic and mature; don’t cuss. Don’t use “art theft” or call them “thief”. Tell them that they’re actually breaking the law and that they will face major consequences if they continue.
If anyone have more tips/info, please add it to this post when you reblog. Thank you.
While everyone seem to imagine Cecil as a white blonde guy coming from the 60’s archetype of a radio host, I imagine him to have a bit more laid back look. His facial shape is based on the real Cecil.
The reason why he’s wearing only a tie (+ a collar) is because that’s the only piece of clothing that’s being described him to wear in the Sandstorm episode.
So I imagine that he walks around shirtless because it can be pretty warm in the studio, but he keeps the tie on to look a bit proper.
Also STUBBLE BEARD<3333
I decided to draw Carlos as how I FIRST imagined him after only listening episode 1 and 2.
I keep seeing people focusing on his perfect hair, but I paid more attention to his so described “STRONG JAW”.
I imagined carlos looking like a dark haired younger version of Jay Leno.
+ I didn’t catch that he had glasses. So i never imagined him to have glasses haha.
I have quite a different image of how he looks like now, of course.
Drew a Caesar! :D
You know… I think I might gonna start using this technique I mentioned earlier, with tracing your traditional sketch with your tablet instead of scanning.
Mainly because I get the sketch pretty accurate, but I won’t have to deal with the whole “sketch looks better than the lineart”-feeling.
Pearl! Overworked with too many adjustment layers woooh!
I even took the time to make a process GIF of it:
Finished this one really quick. it wasn’t planned to be a final painting anyway so
foxy and babs are cute badass babes together<3
Oh and here’s the finished sketch of tennie :3
Epona & Wolf Link
actually it’s just an excuse for me to paint some animals for once heh
Lens flares used: 16
Man this one was so fun to do! And I finished it in one go as well :D